- Doctor VS. HR Manager: Finding Balance
- Actress Drew Barrymore Gets Real with Modern Aesthetics®
- New In My Practice | Cosmeceuticals: Cearna’s OcuMend Pads
- New In My Practice | Devices: Trusculpt ID from Cutera
- Beauty Counter MD/New Products
- Women In Aesthetics: Pat Altavilla
- In Focus: Launching Ideas
- FLASH Technique: A Quick Fix for Targeted Fat Pockets
- Omne Trium Perfectum
- Permanent Iris Color Change
- What’s Your Exit Strategy?
- Parlor Talk: Inside A New Service Model
- “Turn-Key” Hair Restoration Requires Caution: The Specialist’s Perspective
- Opioid-Free: A Better Way to Recover
- Get Patients to Book and Pay in Full at the Time of Consultation
- Virtual Voice: Verified: Helping Patients Understand the Importance of Credentials
- Business Advisor: Recruit a Winning Team
- Three Ways: Summer Slumps: How Can You Sail Through?
- Aesthetic Marketing Management: So You Think You Can Blog
- Financial Planner: Are You Protecting Your Greatest Asset?
- Coming and Going
Beauty Counter MD/New Products
Expert insight on the hottest products, ingredients, and trends your patients are talking about
With Jeanine B. Downie
The Celery Juice Craze
Celery juice is all the rage today among the worried well and weight-watching crowd. The list of purported benefits of celery juice is long and includes blood pressure control, migraine relief, better sleep, and glowing skin, to name just a handful, but is celery juice really all that?
“It’s anti-inflammatory and has vitamins A, B, C, K, niacin, and folate,” says Jeanine B. Downie, MD, FAAD, director of image Dermatology PC in Montclair, NJ. “It can help repair skin damage and it helps with collagen production, but it does not necessarily clear acne or help hair at all.”
That said, it’s a whole lot better than drinking too much coffee, alcohol, or soda, she says. Cheers!
Sonrei Sea Clearly Translucent Gel Sunscreen, Sonrei, LLC
Sonrei Sea Clearly Translucent Gel Sunscreen is a premium sunscreen providing broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection. Developed for all ethnicities and skin tones in the form of a translucent gel, Sonrei provides sun protection via a proprietary gel with three powerful antioxidants: Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Ferulic Acid. Currently available in two formulas, the sunscreen line includes the Sonrei Sea Clearly Translucent Gel Sunscreen SPF 30 and Sonrei Sea Clearly Translucent Gel Sunscreen SPF 50. sonreiskin.com
Vitamin B3 Brightening Serum, PCA Skin
PCA Skin introduced a new Vitamin B3 Brightening Serum to reduce the appearance of dark spots and uneven skin tone while improving skin barrier function. This advanced formulation reduces skin discoloration, redness, and glycation-related skin yellowing, leaving the complexion even and bright. Pcaskin.com
Invisible Shield Full Physical Sunscreen, Senté
Senté Invisible Shield Full Physical Sunscreen is a broad-spectrum, fully physical sunscreen that goes on easily and absorbs quickly and is available in a Tinted SPF 52 and Untinted SPF 49 option. Ingredients include Titanium Dioxide 5.75% and Zinc Oxide 11.15%. The sunscreen offers broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection, the highest UVA protection index PA++++, pollution shield, and blue light defense. sentelabs.com